Getting to the Festival

Don’t know whether to drive or take public transport to the Festival?

Public Transport

We recommend that all festival attendees take public transport, it’s really convenient as Federation Square is right across the street from Flinders Street Station. See below for more information:


Take the any train that goes to Flinders Street Station.

For more information about train services, including travelling safely on public transport, visit Public Transport Victoria.

Trams stopping at Federation Square

Route 1 – East Coburg to South Melbourne

Route 3 – Melbourne University to East Malvern

Route 5 – Melbourne University to Malvern

Route 6 – Melbourne University to Glen Iris

Route 8 – Moreland to Toorak

Route 16 – Melbourne University to Kew

Route 64 – Melbourne University to East Brighton

Route 67 – Melbourne University to Carnegie

Route 70 – Bourke St Docklands to Wattle Park

Route 72 – Melbourne University to Camberwell

Route 75 – City (Spencer St) to Vermont South

For more information about tram services, visit Yarra Trams

Parking at the Festival

Federation Square Car Park can be accessed from Russell Street or Batman Ave (Exhibition Street extension – City Link)

For weekend and public holiday rates, please visit the Federation Square Parking Website for more information.


Taxis and picking up/dropping off passengers

If you are accessing Federation Square by taxi, the safest pick-up and drop off zone is the taxi rank directly across the road on Swanston Street (outside Flinders Street Station).

Federation Square Bike Racks

Swanston Street (near Transport Hotel) – 5 racks

Flinders Street (in front of ACMII) – 13 racks

Flinders Street (in front of National Design Centre) – 7 racks

Russell Street (near the roundabout) – 6 racks

River Terrace (near Zinc @ Federation Square) – 5 racks

Level 3 Car Park (west end) – 15 racks

Mobility Assistance

To assist people with limited mobility, mobility equipment is available for hire. These include:

  • Electronic scooters
  • Manual wheelchairs
  • Prams and strollers
  • Walking canes, frames, forearm crutches, walking sticks, and ID/Symbol Cane

Equipment can be hired from Travellers Aid Access Services (TAAS). For more details and prices, please visit the Travellers Aid Access Services website.